Search This Blog

Nostalgia

The past. Sweet and bitter.
But still worth remembering.

I was hesitant when I first applied in the publication. I imagined the staff to be a bunch of elitist and imagined myself out of place or out of their league.

But all my fears were instantly banished the moment I joined the publication. The staff were not the kind of people I expect them to be. Life in the publication was never dull. Laughter and jokes are as frequent as pressure and reprimands.

My life would have been different if I did not join the publication, this I am sure.
There would have been no responsibilities, no deadlines, no pressure. Just a care-free student life with the usual ups and downs.
But my life would not have been worth living if I did not.
There would be no friends to laugh with, to cry with, to argue with.
There would be no family to support, to take care, to love.

Being alone in a place far from my family, the publication served a home to me; the staff, my family. What would my life be without TN? I can't even imagine. I never really have a life outside the publication. I never had any close friends outside the publication. I never really had anybody I am very much comfortable with outside the publication.

Yes, I have my coursemates. Yes, I have my classmates.
But, to be honest about it, I will always choose my TN Family over them.
I don't know them that much, or as much as I've known the people in the publication.
I was never really close to them and if I ever was, only to a very few.

It is important to me that I am accepted and the acceptance I get from the people in the publication is the kind of acceptance that I had always longed for; unconditional.

Here, I could excel and still keep my feet on the ground. Here, I could commit mistakes and be forgiven. Here, I could be myself and still be accepted. Here, I could laugh (and cry), grumble and shout and people never cease to care. Here, you can be somebody or a nobody and still it wouldn't matter.

It doesn't matter how many years you stay in the publication. It doesn't matter if you do and leave. It doesn't matter how long you're gone.

Nobody ever leaves TN. I doubt if anybody ever could. Once a member of TN, always a part of TN. No matter where you go or how far you've reached, your heart will always be with TN and the TN family will always be a part of your life no matter what happens.

TN is not just a publication. TN is us.
TN is more than just an organization. TN is a family.
and to those who left, TN is more than a memory.
Because TN lives in our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

According to them...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin