Search This Blog

Bcoz, I too, am human

I am human; I get hurt, I get tired.
I don't pretend to be invincible or hyperactive. I don't pretend that I could go on for days without sleep or even pretend that I can do anything in this world.

I am just a human being. I have limitations.
I can't always do everything and most of the time, I don't even know what I am doing.
There are times when I am unsure with what to do but I have to go on and do it anyway. Most often, I am left with no choice. Or to be more precise, I have a choice but I am not given the option to choose.

Sometimes, I hate it when people demands a lot of things from me. I hate it when people relies everything on me. Its like, you're always the one being called when there are others who can do the job; its like being on-call 24/7. I hate it when I have to do everything while the rest of the people around me simply smiles, pats my back and say "okay lang yan, kaya mo naman eh"...

Are you sure? How do know that I can really do it?
Its flattering to think that people trusts you that much but its also agonizing to think that they don't know anything at all. They all expect you to do something and expects you to do best without even considering that you might not know exactly what to do at all.

Nobody ever asked me "kaya mo ba?" or "kaya mo pa?"
Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to do a task or not.
Nobody. Not my teachers, not my friends, not my classmates, not my family.

People always expects you to accomplish everything they ask you to do and blames you if you don't. Its easy to say that you can do it but its really hard to prove.

Sometimes you have no choice but to say okay even if its not. Why? Because nobody will do the job anyway. They smile at you, pats you back, say something "encouraging" and the leave you alone. They never had any idea how much you're dying to just say no or that when you say "no" you actually mean it.

Haven't they realized that all of us are humans? Haven't they all realized that we can't do everything in this world? Haven't they ever thought that our capability is sometimes lesser than their expectations?

Its easy to expect so much that the work will be done when you are not the one doing it. Of course, how could it be hard when you only have to sit in a corner and watch the people around you do the job? But of course its hard for those who has to do it.

They say you can't measure your full potential unless you are placed in intense pressure and stretched to the point of breaking. Maybe. But I hope they be gentle when they stretch me, because I am not as elastic as they expect.

I am human. We all are.
We have limitations. And so are others.
We get tired. They do too.
Stop passing the job to others.
If you think its easy enough, the you do it yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment

According to them...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin