Search This Blog

My Breathing Space

It has been almost a year since I became a News Editor for the weekly Student Publication. Almost a year and I am still not used to the idea of being one.

To be honest about it, I don't like this job. I still prefer doing the interviews and scouting for news than sitting in front of the computer and editing. I feel useless in this job.

Barely months after I officially started my "duties", I started to lose interest in the job (which, thinking about it, I am not really interested in in the first place). But I tried to keep on doing my duties. I tried to do the best that I could for the publication. And yet, I could feel that all these are not enough.

It has been almost a year when the staff voted for me to be in this position. Almost a year and I am now desperate to leave it.

Why?
Because I feel so useless, so utterly useless, in here.

I don't think that the authority that my position has given me was ever respected. Nobody really follows what I tell them to do and no amount of reprimand has ever changed them. We have at least 14 reporters in the publication and none of them seemed to realize the importance of what is being asked of them.

I am disappointed. Very disappointed.

As I was reading the previous posts in my other blog, I realized that I finally need to create a new blog which will contain the ups and downs of my publication life. Why? Because my other blog is already littered with my angst and gripes as a campus journalist. Besides, my life in the publication is an important one and I think it deserves a special attention of its own.

I guess what people would expect from this blog is a serious (and not-so serious) reflection of my life as a writer, a campus journalist, and an editor. This will serve as a memoir of a life that I had learned to love and hate. This will be my breathing space.


No comments:

Post a Comment

According to them...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin