Search This Blog

Promoted...=(

A week ago the election of the new editorial board was held and I was promoted. Okay.
I did not post it right away because honestly, I am not so confident with that election. Maybe if the staff was given more option they would have chosen somebody else. Besides, I never really want to be on any of the positions available so I did not do anything about it.

So I'm still an editor. Good Luck to me.
I thought I will be relieved of all responsibilities in the publication in the next school year so I was already planning to apply for a part-time job here in Dumaguete. Unfortunately for me, with the publication, I cannot work part time anymore.

I am glad of one thing though, Kuya Junrell is still our EIC. I can't really imagine TN without Kuya Junrell and I don't know if there is anybody in the publication who could lead us the way he does. I could only pray that he will not leave us because as the Associate Editor, I will have to take his place if that happens and I really don't know what to do.

I prayed really hard that Kuya will change his mind and stay with us instead of resigning from the publication. I think it worked though it still remains to be seen because he could still change his mind right? Oh God, please don't let him change his mind.

Anyway, I really don't feel like happy or anything about the result of that election (or at least my being voted as Assoc. Ed). I'm so dedma to it and I don't feel anything about the position at all.

Well, what can i do? I am already here and I guess I just have to accept the responsibility. It will be greater than my previous responsibilities because I will not only be editing both News and Features Articles but I am now responsible administratively in the publication.

What does an Assoc. Ed do? I don't know. I am not sure. Our By-Laws says that the Assoc. Ed acts as the PR Officer as well as the, of course, assistant of the EIC... well, maybe that's it, I will have to act as the PR Officer of the Pub...huh?

Whatever...I will have to accept whatever comes...=(


No comments:

Post a Comment

According to them...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin